I could hardly wait to get today's blog post up! After one week of being on weight watchers again, I'm down three pounds! Yahoo! I couldn't be more thrilled with only one weeks worth of effort. My goal was to shoot for two pounds, so seeing three fall off was super exciting! Week two is now underway and I'm still aiming for two pounds this week, although I'd certainly be OK with three, but I know two is more realistic. I also remember the days of only seeing one pound come off each week and how miniscule that can seem. But one each week adds up and slowly, but surely we start hitting our goals. I'm also excited for this week because it WILL get me over the hump of losing a few/gaining a few and basically losing/gaining the same two or three pounds over and over again. Wish me luck!
So far I've just made small changes but substantial healthy ones, I guess I'd say. I've cut out my morning Coke for an entire week. This is HUGE for me! That Coke was basically all I looked forward to in the morning. I've replaced it with Spark and so far so good. Pop free for one week! I have had diet pop in the evening, so I guess I'm not completely pop free, but it's a start. I'm eating a lot of fruits EVERY DAY, all day, and having a salad almost every day at supper time. If I feel like I've ate heavy foods during the day, then a big salad at supper is all I will have. If I eat lighter during the day, then I eat the same food the rest of the family has. I've been adding a vegetable with every supper for the whole family's health too. For lunch last week I had Progresso soup 3 days. I like the light beef pot roast and the light chicken noodle/vegetable. The other days I had cereal and went out to eat one day (hit the soup and salad bar and a half of a grilled ham/cheese). Over the weekend I had Chinese, stuck to a tiny bit of rice with broccoli, chicken and mushrooms. I did cave and had a couple crab rangoons. That evening I wasn't very hungry so I had a salad. Sunday we had biscuits and gravy at 10:30 as a brunch/lunch, then didn't eat again until 5:00 and had light super nachos. I used beef instead of chicken and put the girls portion on chips. So as you can see, it's still very possible to eat the foods you like, it's just about balancing them. I saw a clip on the news last night about a guy who ate McDonald's for every meal for 90 days and actually lost 40 pounds. Which again proves, if you balance the right foods, you can still lose weight. It's all about choices.
Here is the link to that story. 90 days on McDonalds
No comments:
Post a Comment