I was putting the dirty dishes in the dishwasher last night and Jed got up from his chair and said, "yah, you look like you've lost 5 pounds." Awww. Thanks for noticing while I was bent over!
I'm continuing to do good on my eating and have been getting 30 minutes in on the treadmill 5 nights a week. I tried on a few pairs of jeans that had gotten tooooo tight last night, but they were still tooooo tight! Five more pounds and I'll try again! I'm drinking a ton of water during the day at work and go to the bathroom at least every 30 minutes!
Trying to hang in there and avoid pop as much as possible. I have not bought a single pop at work so I'm also saving some money! Barely any, but I'm not frantically digging in my purse for quarters anymore. I've thought about taking some "before-after" pictures but I have a strong fear of them being on my phone, and me losing my phone, or one of my kids playing on my phone and posting them accidentally for the world to see. So yeah, haven't gotten that far. People keep saying that you really should take weekly pictures in the same clothes, and I am always a sucker for before-after pictures of others. Might give it a try next week.
I know I've said this before, but I am SO SICK of people saying the number on the scale doesn't matter. The only people who say that are THIN people. So of course it doesn't matter to them anymore. But I can guarantee at some point, that dumb number did matter to them. And it will continue to matter to me. Yes, I completely believe that different body types look completely different while weighing the same amount, but an unhealthy weight IS an unhealthy weight. Period. Sure, if you lift weights and are ripped, you are going to weigh more, yet still be lean and small. We get it. Is the number on the scale the only thing that matters? No. Is it important? Yes. Does it define a person? No. Do I feel better when there are 30 less pounds hanging on my body...absolutely. OK, I'm good now, got that out of my system.
Catch you on weigh in Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment