Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Friends
A friend shared this article about weird things girls do and how funny it was that she and her friend do most of them.
/http://thoughtcatalog.com/christine-stockton/2013/12/weird-things-girls-do-when-theyre-alone-together/
So I gave the article a look and kept going down the list, No, No, No, don't do ANY of those things. It became more and more apparent that I don't spend much time with "friends" and a little glad, because....well..these things are just stupid. I guess if you're a 12 year old girl, or in high school, these might be things I would do. Maybe I am not the audience it was targeted towards. But the person who shared it, is my age, so I thought it should be relate-able. Nope.
I guess if anything, the article made me very glad that I have sisters. Built in friends that are always there. No matter how irritating or annoying they can be (kidding, mostly) they are always my go-to people. When I'm bored and want to chat, they are there. Well...except Taylor sucks at responding to texts unless she wants something. And thankful that we don't have to compare nipple size or texture. Really? People do that?
Maybe if I didn't have sisters I would have a larger base of "girl-friends" that I'm really close to. I've got Jed though, so that's close enough. And Lord knows I've got enough "girl" in my house with the wild women running throughout that I call Jayda and Paisley. Don't get me wrong, I think non-family friendships are certainly important and I'm thankful for my small group of lifelong friends that I have maintained over the years. But I've also experienced how those friendships can change and sadly deteriorate right in front of you.
In the past year I've had a friendship that has sort of felt like a rollercoaster. I've watched this person go from being independent to completely dependent on her new husband for every decision. Maybe it's a phase of young love, but not being able to eat lunch with me before talking it over with your hubs seems a bit much. We've also had to sort through the stages of living in the same small community and not necessarily associating with the same people. It's been a journey to say the least and I'm hoping in the long run we'll figure out our places in each others lives. Right now it feels like we are in two completely different phases of our lives, and that's ok. We remain friends and when we do actually get together, everything seems as it used to be. I'll continue to work on me and being the best version of myself and let things out of my control fall where they belong.
In the end, I have my little family and our happy place is with each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've always told Ross I didn't need a lot of girlfriends I have sisters!! I agree with you on that list! Not happening with you or anyone!
ReplyDelete