Thursday, January 9, 2014

So close

I probably shouldn't leak this information quite yet, but I don't think my readers will spread the gossip. Last night we were told that our daycare is going to close at the end of the school year. Which sent me into a tailspin of brainstorming on my way home to think of where we would take them for the summer. I'm still not sure what we will do but I asked a teenager who lives about 10 miles away if she would be interested in "nannying" for us. I told her I'd want her to come to the house Monday through Friday. She said she would love to, but needed to talk with her parents first (1st sign of a responsible teenager!). She is a sophomore in high school and her older sisters had babysat for us previously from time to time. Hoping this option works out. It would be really fantastic to not have to haul them into town every day and Jayda is really "over" being at daycare with little kids all summer. I think they would have fun with her, so pray for us that this option works out!

Thankfully we are very close to being DONE with the daycare stage all together. I never thought the day would come!! I plan on having them ride the bus home next year after school so my daycare woes should be over by then!

I'm also getting very frustrated with Jayda's girl scout group. Their lack of leadership and organization is driving me crazy. I was just informed today that they are having a meeting tomorrow. Great! We don't have daycare on Friday's so it would be nice to know further in advance than one day. I'm thinking this might be her last year. We will see. Paisley will be old enough to be in it next year too, but I'm over the hassle. Get your $hit together or don't bother!

Jayda had her second violin lesson with the new teacher. She reported it went well and she's very excited to continue on.

One last little story from our car ride home a few nights ago....
Jayda was telling me that she is not doing very well in Math and they do this tests on the computer where they try to answer math problems before the computer does(timed exercise). She said their goal is to get 12 right before the computer beats them and the closest she's ever gotten was 11 and now the teacher was bumping up the goal to 14. I was telling her she would just have to keep trying and she would get better and she said, "Well I do get 11 quite a bit, but never 12." Then Paisley piped in, "Well Jayda, that's still berry good for you!" 
It was too cute how she was trying to encourage her and build her up!


I don't think I've blogged about how every day when we drop Jayda off at school Paisley tells her, "bye-bye pumpkin pie!" Every-single-day! It's so adorable and gives Jayda a good giggle

No comments:

Post a Comment