I should know by now that anytime things start to get exciting and seem like something might move forward, that something will backfire instead and leave us at square one.
Last week I talked about the tape/texture guys coming this week to begin on that project. Well.....they came over on Thursday to look at the house and basically told Jed they didn't want the job! They didn't know how they would reach the walls in the living room (open vaulted area) and they didn't know how they would keep the logs clean. Uhhhh what? There was scaffolding in the living room already and a sheet of plastic should do the trick on keeping the logs protected. It was bizarre. Jed was pretty amazed at how ridiculous they were. His cousin Justin was there too and couldn't believe it! They are even from Belle Fourche, so it's not as though there aren't log homes down there. Soooo, back to finding someone to do that project. Hopefully we can find someone who can get up here within the month. I was really getting excited to paint!
Our heating/cooling system guy is going back to our house today. I had to put on my bitchy pants and tell them (here where I work :) that we needed the job done NOW. If they couldn't get to it, then they needed to find someone who could. Remarkably, that was on Friday and today he is on his way! I hate having to do that, but it seems to be the only way to get things done.
Another dilemma is what color of rock to put on the fireplace. I thought I had it figured out from the color samples in a pamphlet, so we went to Lemmon to order it and the real-life samples were WAY different. The one I liked best was awful! So I've been staring at pictures on their facebook page for 3 days, trying to pick. It's so hard to try to coordinate everything together when NOTHING is actually laid out in front of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment