Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hair trials

Today I finally tried curling my hair with my flat iron, simply because it makes sense to only have one tool and it seemed like it would be quicker since I already have the flat iron out. I have seen it done by Mama Laughlin (a blogger) and she makes it look soooo easy! It definitely takes some practice I think and by the time I got the top section of my hair, my curls were starting to look a bit better. I don't feel like I had as much control over the direction and where the curl would lay, but it was time saving. Here is the link to her blog where she has a video tutorial. She does it in like 2 seconds, so don't feel bad if you "don't get it" right away!

Here is my picture of my own curls! I ended up pulling it up in a loose pony, but I did get some good definition in the face framing curls. Call me crazy but I think I lost those 5 pounds in my face?



If anyone is looking for great hair products, my favorite every day items are these two: Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and Regis hair powder. The skinny serum makes my hair smooth and sleek and protects it against my flat iron. The hair powder is sprinkled on the crown of your head, before teasing. I've tried a few different brands and the Regis and the Osis Dust it brands are my favorite. I've tried a couple others and they don't blend in very well and you can see the white powder (ew). My favorite hair sprays are Osis Freeze Spray and Kenra spray, either level 20 or 25. They leave your hair shiny and do their job!

So there you go! A few of my fav's!

No comments:

Post a Comment