Here is a tried and true recipe for chocolate chip cookies, that will never let you down.
1/2 cups margarine
1/2 cups butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 whole eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips. { I prefer the cookie to chocolate ratio that mini chips provide. And I love tiny, cute little things}
Next time I make these I think I'll substitute the 1 cup of chocolate chips, for 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup heath candy bar bits. YUM. Loves me some heath bars.
This recipe is a knock off of pioneer woman's. She adds 2 tablespoons of flax seed and 1 teaspoon of instant coffee granules. I never have either of those on hand, but they also sound delish. Her recipe also calls for 1-3/4 cup chocolate chips, but the hubs said it was too chocolat-ey. As if that's even possible, but I slightly agreed with him.
Oh and bake these babies at 375 for 11-13 minutes.
They also make a good set of bars, if you're not into the whole dropping dough balls on a cookie sheet for an hour. {I'm not} By the last set, I forget what I'm doing and go outside to mow the lawn. Needless to say, the last set never turns out too well.
I'll link you up with PW's version and step by step directions below! Enjoy!
Pioneer Woman Chocolate Chip Cookies
No comments:
Post a Comment