Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Extra mayo

Ever observe something and think to yourself, "Wow." {and shake your head in disbelief}

Jed, the girls and I were eating lunch in Rapid before we headed home on Sunday. A large family composed of what I gathered to be, a Great-Grandma, a Grandma, her grown children and a few grand kids.

You can learn a lot about someone by sitting in close proximity.

Apparently the Great Grandma went through the fast food line, but forgot to order food. She just ordered her drink. So after sitting down and every one else getting their food, her {not} concerned family members asked her what she ordered. Five minutes and 36 questions later, it was determined she did not order anything. Her daughter who just explained she is 65, then tells her son {who must be in his 40's) to go order his Grandma a Jr. Whopper. "She likes those. Just order a Jr. Whopper with no mayo." "OK Mom," he says. " "NO MAYO." He sits and waits a few minutes for Grandma to dig a few dollars out of her 22 pound purse. Waiting...waiting....waiting.
Mother says AGAIN, {after taking a bite of her own food, and mayonnaise dripping out the sides of her mouth} "A Jr. Whopper, but no mayo...no mayo OK? Jr Whopper, no mayo." {takes another bite, manages to get more mayo smeared across her face}.  "Alright, I think I got it," he says, somehow keeping an upbeat attitude about whole thing. As he walks away to order, his mother says to the rest of the group, "I hope he remembers no mayo, she hates mayo."

Jed and I then look at each other. {Oy} Please lord, don't let us become that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment