Wednesday, August 18, 2010
A look back
I love that picture. I love how it accurately displays exactly how happy and proud Jayda was to have a little sister. I love the look on Jed's face too. Paisley's isn't bad either. Sweet, innocent little Paisley. My wittle twiny bab-ay.
I'm still having a hard time believing she is one. I think having a one year old and a four year old made me feel older than I normally would feel on MY birthday.
Driving to work today, I had one of those Mother of Year moments. I find myself having those quite often lately. Except they are more like {NOT} the mother of the year awards. But really...what can you do? So Paisley is the back seat blowing snot bubbles and snot is seriously dripping down her face. So I told Jayda to unbuckle and wipe her snot off. This takes Jayda way longer than the average person because she has to say "Paisley, No, Paisley, sit still, Paisley look here....Oh gross, oh yuck, oh I don't want to mom, ok, come here Pais, let me get it, NO, sit still!" She looks like she's trying to catch a wild animal in the back seat. No one was harmed or injured, I just don't like the idea of telling Jayda it's ok to unbuckle while we are driving down the road.
Do you ever feel like your mothering abilities are constantly being judged whenever you go out in public? Maybe I just need to go out in public more often? Most the time, I just want to say, hey..this isn't my first rodeo, so back off. Even though sometimes it feels like my first rodeo, all over again.
Yes, Paisley is one and still isn't walking. I'm not worried about it, so you shouldn't be either. Yes, I gave her that cracker and don't you dare take it away. Yes, I really did just pick up that pacifier off the floor and give it back to her. Leave me alone with your purse full of hand sanitizer. Yes, I took her off the bottle 2 weeks before she turned one. Her weight doesn't seem to be a concern. Home girl gets enough to eat, trust me. It's probably just my own paranoia, but sometimes it really does feel like someone is watching your every move with judgment. My favorite random Wal-mart shopper comment was from an older lady who was admiring Paisley when she was just a few months old. She said, "oh I had two daughters about those same ages. One was so sweet and kind, and the other was a devil child. . . still is"
How's that for honesty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ugh. I wrote something similar today. I get a lil feisty sometimes.....back off ya old bats!
ReplyDeleteI love love love this post! Everytime I step out of my house I feel like eyes are all over me judging everything I do with Kayl! Yes, I left my child in the car for 20 seconds while I ran in and paid for gas...yes, he is 16 months old and only has 2 teeth...yes, he still uses a pacifier at nap time....and the list goes on! I think our children are smiley, happy little beings so we must be doing something right!
ReplyDelete-Josie