Ever sit at your desk, or in your chair and think, there's got to be something more?
I don't mean to be one of those people who is never satisfied with what they have, but I also can't make myself be one of those people who complain about something, but never get up and DO something about it. Make the change. Take the leap.
I find myself sitting at my desk quite often, thinking, "How long can I do this? How long can I put up with a few specific people? Will they ever quit, retire, go away?"
I really don't mind my job, and I definitely love most of my co-workers.I just can't see myself sitting at this desk for 10, 20, 30 years? It doesn't seem fathomable. Rational. Possible.
Sometimes I feel strongly pulled in other directions. Directions that require risk, sacrifice, change. But also offer reward, growth, flexibility, enjoyment, FUN.
How long do we hold on, hoping something will change itself? Something will get better or work itself out? I've always believed in the philosophy of sucking it up, and getting through things the best you can. But life is too short to spend very much of it sucking it up. Then it begins to just plain suck.
I don't mean to be Debbie Downer, and sound as if I'm completely unhappy. That's not the case at all. I actually feel like 2010 has really been my year. So many things I've worked hard for have been accomplished. Graduating college, two healthy children, one amazing husband, great set of calves without the loss we experienced last year. A wet spring with hay to spare. I received a promotion, I make decent money. Life is pretty dang good.
Then 8am rolls around.
I totally understand and you are not alone :0
ReplyDelete