Monday, March 3, 2014

Paint Progress

I don't have any pictures to share, but I did get a ton of painting done! I was able to get the first floor all primed on Saturday, then started painting on Sunday. The 1st floor is done except the master bathroom needs a second coat and two closets need paint. I was pretty wiped out Saturday night and I am pretty sore today! Saturday the girls stayed out of the way and stayed inside the other house most of the day. Sunday they really wanted to "help" so I let Jayda use a brush and do the edges, the bottom of the walls and the corners. I gave Paisley a bucket of primer and turned her loose in the pantry. She actually did a pretty good job, but didn't like being away from us. I missed a spot with primer so I asked her to come get it for me. After she was done she said, "If you need anything else, just let me know!" Cutie! I asked her one time if she was doing OK. Then about every ten minutes she would hollar, "You doing OK, Mom?" It was pretty cute, even Jayda got a giggle. Jayda was also surprisingly good help, once she learned the ropes. I may have yelled at her once and sent her into tears, but she came back and chose to listen! She really does strive to get a job done, sometimes she is just too eager and needs to learn when to back off a bit. It's all a balance and we haven't quite mastered how to work together in a more positive way. Baby steps. Painting can be stressful and messy enough, so having 2 eager helpers is not always the ideal circumstances. I'm a bit jealous of Jed's time alone each day to work and get stuff done without ANYONE else to worry about.

So now I move on to the second floor, which is more work with the high ceilings and tall walls to paint. One room at a time, we'll get it done! I might have to take some time off of work the week that the carpet installers arrive to  make sure it's all done. Can you believe that...CARPET! It will look so finished when there's carpet! We're getting closer!

1 comment:

  1. Tally,
    Great hearing how you got so much painting done over the weekend, with your two super helpers no less! Fun to hear about Paisley asking if you were doing OK, and to hear about Jayda being a good listener and a good helper.

    Very exciting to hear carpet is next. Wow!!

    Love ya,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete