Thursday, March 6, 2014

Just a few things

So I just realized that in exactly two weeks, carpet will be getting installed!!! I had a moment of shear excitement and then panic. Uhh, two weeks and none of the carpeted area's are even primed. It's ok, I can do this. Need to make some serious headway this weekend for sure. I was able to get the pantry primed last night in an hour and called it good for the evening. Jed picked up some more rollers today and this weekend Taylor and Tate are coming up, so I'm hopeful that we can cover some ground. Getting really excited to get the girls rooms done, since I finally have ideas in my head for both of their rooms. And to Jayda's liking their rooms will be completely different, but in similar color tones. I was on etsy the other night looking for bed ideas for Paisley and found a bed frame very similar to one I already have that I had painted black, but it was painted turquoise and selling for $400 some dollars. Light bulb! Paint it turquoise, I can do that!! Duh. So one less piece of furniture to buy, but will need to buy her a new mattress. Jayda has decided she will keep her current bed, but would like to take the top bunk off. We'll see what we decide when we move it. I'm OK with ditching the top bunk, since I despise making a bed that is pushed up against the wall and with hers, that's how it's designed to fit in a room.

Jed hasn't been working on the house at all this week...:(
He's been busy getting heifers hauled home to start calving and running around to bull sales. And running around Lowe's trying to pick up paint for me :)  So far so good on getting all the colors I had listed for him.

In other news
This morning I put on a zip up track-style jacket that usually fits a bit snug. Not too bad that it's uncomfortably snug, but it certainly highlighted my love handles. To my absolute surprise, it was fairly loose, and when viewed from behind clung to my love handles much less. Uh, WINNING!

I even took a shady side profile pic in my dusty mirror, because I was feeling so slender (ha).

And no, I do not make my bed in the morning. Hardly make it at all to be honest. Who has time for that? I leave myself about 3 minutes to spare in the morning, which consists of fixing the girls hair, grabbing a can of soup and out the door we go. Hash tag. Real. Life.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Tally!!! You look great and I can tell you're dropping pounds!! Just wish Brad and I were too. Always nice to put something on that fits loosely now that used to fit a bit snug!! YES! Woohoo!!

    We're working out in the evenings, and have tried to cut back a little by not eating quite as much, but we're not seeing much weight loss, unfortunately. I'm sure we just need to work out harder (smarter) and eat less. Baby steps for us too!

    Hope you and your crew are able to make good progress this weekend painting. That's great that T&T are able to come lend a hand.

    Can't wait to see pics! Have a great weekend!

    Love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete