Anyway I had already started on Jayda's room and had two coats on all the walls, so Saturday morning I began taping off her chevron wall. Actually I had started taping it off Thursday night at 9pm and it was making me bang my head against the wall so I just had to walk away. Anyway, got it taped off and painted before noon. Then moved on to the spare bedroom and was able to get both of those rooms finished! Wha-la.
Sunday I started and finished the hallway upstairs. I was a little nervous about the red color because I really, really, really wanted it to be the "perfect" red. Not too red that it gives you a headache, and not too blah that you just get sick of looking at it. I'm pretty excited about it, because I LOVE the way it looks against the tongue and groove ceiling and against the logs. It completely transformed that area and made it look warmer and well...just AWESOME! I also really like how it looks against the rock we used on the fireplace so we are going to use it in the triangular wall you see in the second picture below. You'll see it from the living room downstairs, but I don't feel like it will be too over powering. Then I taped off the ceiling in the upstairs bathroom, did my pinterest line trick and now it is ready for paint.
I was able to borrow a paint sprayer from a friend and Justin sprayed the primer on, on Monday and hopefully got it sprayed with paint today! What a relief that was. I was seriously getting anxiety over that room. It's just so BIG and involved painting above my head, the ENTIRE time. I just couldn't talk my body into that again after finishing the ceilings. Too painful.
How cute are those lights? Ahh?!!! I love them!
And then, without my prodding or begging. THIS HAPPENED!!! CABINETS! INSTALLED!
I just sat and stared at them for about 30 minutes in disbelief. There they were, finally up and so pretty! At that moment it finally seemed like we might actually live in this house at some point. It actually looked like a home!
You bet your a$$ I called those Lowes counter-top dudes that have been harassing me for a year, on Monday and told them they could finally come template the counters!! I don't think they really believed me. They seriously have been calling me once a week since we ordered the cabinets! We didn't even have the cabinets and they were calling. I finally told them, " I PROMISE I'll call you when we are ready" yet they continued to call. So anyway, they are coming on Thursday to template the counter-tops. The same day the carpet will be installed!!! EEKS! It's finally happening!
No comments:
Post a Comment