Wednesday, March 5, 2014

We're only Human

I got a call from Paisley's pre-school about 10 minutes after I dropped her off this morning. Any time I see the school call, I think to myself, "Oh no, now what?" before I pick up the call.

 I answered, and her teacher, whom I adore says, "Paisley brought an iPhone to school today and she says it's hers! I just want to make sure you aren't missing your phone and it's OK for her to have it with her today!" Bless her non-judgmental heart for not evening making me feel bad over the fact that my 4 year old carries around an iPhone, and giving me the benefit of the doubt that it was actually my phone and my 4 year old doesn't actually own an iPhone! I just had to laugh..."Uhh, yes that's my old phone that I let her play with. Please have her put it in her backpack and keep it there."

Thanks Paisley, for that one. Just to set the record straight here for my judgmental readers (it's OK, I do it too) I upgraded my iPhone 4 to a 5C 32GB for $100. It was a win win. I was out of storage space on my 4 and it was extremely slow, battery life was crap and I was constantly having to charge it. So I happened to peek on Best Buy's website one random day and the 32GB version is on sale for $99. Heck yes, I jumped on that! It's usually $200 and I was due for the upgrade.
So yes, Paisley gets to play with my 4 now and she feels pretty important. It's basically an iPod since the calling features were deactivated.

On a different note, we are finally done selling Girl Scout cookies and they have removed themselves from my house! In a panic on Tueday morning, I remembered it was Jayda's turn to bring treats, so I grabbed the last 2 boxes we had on the counter and made due. I hate sending cookies or straight up sugar with her for their snack, but it was all I could grab in a rush to get out the door. I actually counted the oranges I had in the fridge and there weren't enough, dang it! The kids of course didn't mind one bit, but I really do try to send healthier snacks when it is our turn. Better planning next time. Sometimes we just can't do it all! Especially when you're sneaking out in the evenings to paint!

I'm happy to report the 1st floor is done! Moving on up to the second floor, where there is a lot more to paint. I definitely needed a day off to get myself re-motivated and excited. Plus I had ran out of primer, so I couldn't move forward too much. Jed picked up another 15 gallons of paint yesterday and hopefully we are set. I only have two more weekends before the carpet comes. Pressure is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment