PAINTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually semi enjoy painting, so I'm pretty excited to get started! Our texture guy finished up last night at 10pm. yes...P.M. Poor guy. I kinda felt sorry for him, but it was also kinda his own fault for not showing up on Monday and not having anyone to help him. He spent most of the day touching up and taping the logs off. When I got home at 5pm, he hadn't started spraying texture yet. Anyway, he's done, it's done, it's ready for ME!
I keep trying to prioritize which rooms need to be done first and then I think, no..I better do this room before that room or maybe I can do them ALL! Ha. I think my game plan is to get primer on the kitchen and dining walls tonight after work. Then tomorrow I can get some COLOR up! I'm doing the kitchen a dark chocolate brown and the dining wall the same. My goal is to work on the first floor all weekend. There aren't any ceilings to paint on the first floor and really not a ton of wall space either. I'm not 100% on which colors I'm putting where yet is the problem! Once I get going I think I'll figure it out.
Once I get the master bath and the 1/2 bath done, Jed can set the vanities and counter-tops and get the toilet installed. Then it's going to start feeling like a house. So excited to see those small bits of progress.
The rest of the rock for the fireplace arrived, but Jed hasn't felt like finishing it since it's been so extremely cold. He has to go outside to cut the pieces and back up the stairs, back up the ladder and repeat. Justin is coming back to help him next week, so I think he's putting it off until then! One person cutting and one person measuring is a bit less time consuming. He also hasn't felt the greatest this whole week and has been trying to recuperate. The heifers start calving in just two weeks, so it's really turning into crunch time.
So there's our house update for the week. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to share by Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment