Thursday, February 13, 2014

Fireplace pictures

Our tape and texture crew finally showed up!!! YAY! I was getting ready to throw a pouty fit if they delayed our job any longer. They were supposed to arrive Tuesday, emailed me Monday and said it would be Wednesday, emailed again Tuesday and said it would be Thursday. Then said they would call Wednesday night for directions and didn't call. Finally called at 6am Thursday to say they were on the road! So exciting!
Hopefully they won't be like the heating crew here, and actually come back consecutive days and FINISH the job. Crossing my toes.

Jed and Justin began work on the fireplace rock this week. It is looking so good! What a relief. We ended up being short quite a bit, so Jed called the place on Wednesday and told him they had miscalculated. The guy who ordered it told him they had some extra boxes on hand so he actually delivered them on his lunch break! Hopefully we will have close to enough to finish now. He also took back the hearth stones that are sitting on the hearth in the first picture. They are grey and were supposed to be brown. Jed checked and he actually did order brown, but they screwed up the order somehow and sent grey.





Oh, and P.S. Thank you to the couple of people who leave comments on my posts! I love getting emails that tell me someone commented on your post! It also kind of lets me know who is reading this! One time I got a facebook message from someone who said, "I read on you blog...and so on," and I thought, Oh my gosh, YOU read my blog? It was totally OK that she did, I just had no idea that people other than my sisters, mom, aunts and a few friends even know that I blog! I haven't shared a post on facebook in a very long time and kind of prefer that it stays semi private I guess. Not everyone has to know about my weight loss woes :)


1 comment:

  1. Fireplace looks terrific!! Love it! Very nice of the guy to deliver the extra rock during his lunch break. --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete