Monday, February 24, 2014

Eight

My scale was nice to me on Sunday and showed me a new number! Eight pounds down! I was so excited for that number that I didn't bother to weigh this morning. And I ate pizza yesterday so I didn't want to disappoint myself! February on paper looks pretty pathetic, but I'm not going to let the mere one pound I've lost this month get me down. I haven't measured but I feel like I'm toning up and my legs are getting leaner. I've been doing a lot of lunges, reverse lunges, and squats, so I'm hoping progress is being made, despite the scale saying so. Plus, I have like 4 more days of February, so lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Hehe. Big things can happen in a small amount of time, ya know.

I'm still wishful that I can get two off this week (by next Monday) and hit my first goal of 10 pounds. Must stick to eating clean and less girl scout cookies would be beneficial. Those things need to find a new home, quickly.  It's helping that Jed is now on board and he is mainly focusing on cutting most carbs out. He seems to do well on that but it gets harder to cook for all of us. The girls start to miss their staple favorites of spaghetti and mac/cheese types of meals. We had tacos last night and Jed ate his on a piece of lettuce, wrapped up like a taco. Little adjustments can make a big difference and I don't have to cook 2 different meals for us. I really don't believe in feeding your kids crap simply because they will eat it and cooking healthy for the adults. Thankfully Paisley is not a picky eater, she enjoys almost all vegetables and loves lettuce. Jayda is more difficult to cook for, but I try to add in a vegetable that she enjoys to make meal time less difficult for all of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment