It's been a while since I gave a weight loss update, so kicking and screaming and dragging my feet, here I am.
January wasn't a very successful month for me and I'm hoping February will have more to say for itself.
The first two weeks of January, I slightly fell off the wagon. Not completely off, just hanging off the side a bit. I drank full strength coke more than I should have, rather than the unleaded kind. I stopped tracking every morsel of food that entered my mouth. I thought I could "wing" it. I was wrong.
I didn't gain, but I didn't lose. A whole stinking month has passed and I haven't lost an ounce. UGH. FRUSTRATING! I worked out 5, sometimes 6 nights a week for an hour. Four brutal miles E.V.E.R.Y night. And nothing.
It's hard to stay encouraged without progress.
I did start lifting weights as well, so I keep trying to convince myself that I am adding muscle mass, which weighs more than fat. But even that seems like an annoying excuse.
So here's to February. Here's to being back on track, coke zero and onion rings. Wait..OK fine, no onion rings. Last night I did 4.5 brutal miles. Time to pick up the pace. Today I brought a delicious salad for lunch rather than my Smart Ones meals. I'm going to try to be more mindful of my sodium intake. I have a feeling it is the culprit.
I'm fighting back the urges to throw the towel in, and say, "this is good enough, I've lost 15 pounds and that's enough."
It's not enough. I've been this weight before, I've been lower before. This is not uncharted territory. This seems to be my body's comfort zone however. It's average resting spot. I must push on.
No comments:
Post a Comment