Friday, February 11, 2011

Nothing but time

Today I had the pleasure of leaving work at noon (yay) and going to Hettinger for a routine doctor appointment. Normally I would semi-dread that whole experience, but today it meant getting out of work early and having A-L-O-N-E time. I drove to work alone, I went to the doctor alone, I went to the bathroom alone. Then I went to the grocery store alone, Runnings, alone, etc, ect.

The most enjoyable part, was I was able to browse. Yes, browse. I actually had time to look at things I didn't need to look at. I walked down the same aisle twice. Just because. I was able to complete a whole thought, without saying, "no, stop it, be quiet," or "just a minute."

Don't get me wrong, I love my girlie's. But I am very thankful for four hours of me time. No car seat buckles, no repeat potty trips. I only had to worry about putting my own boots on and zipping my own coat. It was a refreshing change for one half of a day!

I picked the girls up a few small things for Valentines Day and found a really cute pair of jeans for Jayda that I couldn't resist.
Then I came home (earlier than usual) and was greeted by miss me (Paisley) saying "hyeee." Jayda and Jed jumped on the snowmobile and off they went.

When Jayda came inside I gave her, her clothes and poor Pais gave me the saddest look I've ever seen. She bowed her head and gave me the "where is mine?" look. Ugh, heartbreaking. I officially cannot get away with only getting one of them something, anymore. Then she crawled up on my lap and laid her head on my shoulder. So, so, sad. Talk about make me feel bad. Sheesh! I almost had to fork over the Valentines gifts early!

No comments:

Post a Comment