Friday, February 25, 2011

4 day weekend

Now that the laundry is almost done and the groceries are almost put away, and we're almost back to normal after being in weekend mode for 4 days, I'll recap our nice weekend.

I had an eye appointment to see what they had to say about my eyes basically reverting back to where they were before I had Lasik. No real explanation or responsibility on their part. They told me until the age of around 30 our eyes are still growing (why wasn't I told this BEFORE I had Lasik at the age of 25?). And often times those who have Lasik, have to have an enhancement at some point in their lives. They suggest doing PRK, which is removing the top layer of the cornea and reshaping the cornea. The cost is about as much as Lasik, except my insurance doesn't cover a second go at it. So that whole deal is a little disappointing. Looks like I'll be rockin glasses again for driving. Yay me.

Friday evening we got to see my cousin Matt and his two daughters, whom we don't see very often. Always nice catch up a bit and enjoyed a nice meal with the whole fam. Saturday my Mom and I went to get our hair cut and spent a little salon time together. Caught a bit of Wyatt's basketball game, did some shopping and went to a Rush hockey game. Jayda bailed on the hockey game at the last second. Her fear of "Nugget," kicked in and she was having none of that. Mascots and clowns freak her out. Can ya blame her?

She did get to go to Target and spend some of her birthday money. She picked a purse, a hello kitty necklace and a strawberry shortcake remote control car. Wal-Mart was out of the Justin Bieber jacket, much to her disappointment. "You should have let me get it LAST time, MOM." Where her exact words. Whoops.

Sunday a snow storm hit, so we stayed put. Hung out at my parents and didn't do a whole lot. Paisley walked around most of the day with my phone open to our family picture, saying, "Dah-eee, Dah-eee." Poor lil bugger was missing her daddy.

I have some pictures to post, so I've been holding off on this for over a week! I promise I'll add them later!


Paisley reading to Grampa

No comments:

Post a Comment