Saturday, February 12, 2011

She's 19

Another Happy Birthday shout out to my baby sister, Taylor!

Hard to believe she's 19! She's come a long way, in just one year and I'm very proud of the choices she's made for her life.

I can remember when I turned 20, and how impossible it seemed that by the time she was 20, I would be THIRTY. Now here we are, just one year from that milestone. It's also crazy to think that Jed and I met when I was 19, look at us 10 years later! Who would have guessed!

Most of my childhood memories with Taylor, involve me locking my bedroom door to keep her out and her taking my nail polish, clothes, pens, and basically anything she could get her grubby little hands on. I'm not sure she's outgrown that habit as of yet!

I remember when I went to Texas for a week, I actually pushed my dresser in front of my door and secured it with 2 ropes, and crawled out my window to make sure she couldn't get in there. I'm not sure what it was I didn't want her to take, but it must have been good.

I remember seeing her bouncy little curls going up and down the bleachers at all my basketball games. All my teammates always loved on her and thought I had the cutest little sister. At least I always had a fan in the crowd. I don't think her and mom ever missed a game. . . .and boy, there were a lot of games. It never occurred to me how big of a pain that might have been to bring her along to all those games, until I had my own two!

We enjoyed having her live with us each summer, and we're so thankful for that time together. She was just 14 when she started coming up here and now she's 19 and out of school. How time flies.

Happy Birthday Tay-lo

No comments:

Post a Comment