Tuesday, February 22, 2011

18

I have to shout from the rooftops a little today. Or in other words, brag a bit on here. It's too cold to get on the roof.

I did a little shopping this weekend. I needed some work pants since most of mine are getting pretty saggy (oh darn). Much to my surprise, I fit into a 7/8! HOORAY.
There was a moment in the dressing room, when I was fearful they would be too small, but as I pulled them up, I was so excited to see they FIT! They aren't even tight! They FIT!

For so long a size 9/10 has always been my comfort zone. It seemed like my "ideal" size for my body. If I'd lose any weight, I'd go back to that size and it seemed manageable. As I have been on this weight loss journey, I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever get past that size and weight, or if my body was just more comfortable in that zone.

Well, I'm past it, and I LIKE it! I'm at 18 pounds lost and am past my 10% goal!

It's a little hard to believe that I've actually succeeded at this. For so long it seemed like one of those goals that might not ever happen. And when you're looking in the mirror, it's hard to see your own self changing. You have to rely more on, how things fit and how you feel. I FEEL GOOD! I'm not dreading how I'll look this summer wearing shorts, or how tight the life jacket feels when I zip it up. Granted, I still have a ways to go, it's certainly better than what it was. I can take my kids to the pool and not feel like the most disgusting person on the planet. I'm going to look better at the age of 30, than I did for half of my twenties. Bring it on thirty!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tally! I'm so proud of you! You look great! Keep plugging along nothing comes easy you have to work hard at it.

    ReplyDelete