Friday, October 1, 2010

Live and Learn

Live and learn. These last two weeks have been a major learning session. Exhausting, frustrating, tiring and disappointing. No, I'm not talking about my weight loss plan {thankfully!). I've learned the value of truly keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. I've learned no matter where you go, there are people who will do you wrong. I've learned the value of closing you mouth when you so badly want to open it.

It's so ironic that the person who kept telling you to come out of your shell and voice your opinions, is now the same person that wishes you'd shut up. The same person who said, "you're really starting to piss me off, " in front of a room full of coworkers. And while responding with "likewise," probably wasn't necessary, it had to be said. Honestly, it felt good. It felt really good to get those words out of my mouth and in the open. Now I wash my hands of you and move on. I won't give you an excuse to bring such drama in my world again. I'm done with you. I'm done with your behavior, your actions, your complete nonsense.

Psalm 1:1
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.

Ephesians 4:31-32

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

It's unfortunate some people are put into positions they do not deserve. It's unfortunate they abuse their position and fail to see their wrongs. But to move past this, I have to believe that God will take care of it. He is in control. I work for him. Not for man. And that simple fact will get me through another day, another week, another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment