Certain words bother me. Lately, the over use of "epic." No, I don't believe your weekend was really that "epic," or whatever event occurred was even "epic."
Another word, "yummy." Unless you are talking to a person under the age of 5, yummy is slightly annoying. Yum, on the other hand is OK. I guess I've never been into baby talk. If you want your child to talk like a real person, then talk to them like a real person.
A few words I know I use too much; "seriously? and really?" I'm trying to cut back, but they just come in handy too often. "Really Jed, Really?" See, catchy isn't it. He hates it. Which makes me laugh a little harder when I get the chance to use it. It's even better when one of his friends uses it....on him. Love that even more.
Last week, him and a few friends went to the bar after working calves. They had a few beers, then Jed ordered a Sharps (alcohol free beer) since he had to drive home. His buddy, Max said, "Really Jed? Really?"
I can't believe he even told me about it, but he's cool like that. He tells me things he knows I'll find great pleasure in. He was right on that one.
Another perfect scenario...a local bar up here is having the Chippendale's dancers in a few weeks. What else can you say to that, except, "Really? Eww, Really? Oh my goodness..seriously?" And this particular bar is rather small. So all that bizness is going to be far too close in proximity to peoples faces. Again...Eww.
No comments:
Post a Comment