Thought I'd give you a Weight Watchers update. It has almost been 2 weeks since I started and I'm loving it!
My new motto is, I can, I did, I am.
I can lose weight, I did lose weight, and I AM losing weight.
This isn't a miracle program, it doesn't promise 10 pounds in 10 days or anything crazy. It's a forever change. It takes time, it takes dedication and it takes patience. One to two pounds per week is what you can expect and shoot for.
I lost two pounds the first week and I'll let you know on Monday what I lost the second week. I have found Skinny Cow ice cream is my newest love. They are ONE point! ONE point for all that goodness. Yum, totally worth it. If I can lose weight and still eat stuff that good, this WILL work!
My daily schedule looks a little like this, encase you're curious. My ridiculously skinny sister {yeah that's you Tiff} asked me if I had any tips. I told her to fly a kite. But I'll give you the low down anyway..
Breakfast: I try to eat fruit like a banana(2 points) or an orange and get the water started for the day. Other days I'll have two pieces of whole wheat bread (Sara Lee 45 calorie bread) (2 points) and I'll either have I can't believe it's not butter, on it, or Laughing Cow cream cheese (1 point). I also found some wheat bagels at Sam's worth 1 point, and yes they are actually good! I try to drink 3 glasses of water or tea before lunch.
Lunch: I stick to the Weight Watchers Smart Ones meals. They are super easy for me to grab in the morning and throw in the freezer at work. Planning for lunch is now hassle free and it MAKES me stick to the plan. It's portioned and the point value is controlled. And, they are actually GOOD! I've tried nutrisystem before and I can honestly say the Smart Ones meals are by far better than those. I haven't had a bad one yet. Most of them are worth 4-6 points.
Supper: I eat whatever the rest of the family is eating. I just look up what the portion size is and how many points, so I know how much I can have to stay within my limit. We had taco's last night. I had mine on a whole wheat shell, 3 ounces of taco meat and loaded it with lettuce, tomatoes, and olives, with a little cheese and a tablespoon of light sour cream. I had a hand full of tortilla chips with salsa and stayed within my daily allowance.
For a treat I had a Skinny Cow fudge ice cream. Heavenly. Yum. I also walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and went 2 miles. At noon I walked to pick Jayda up from school and walked her to daycare, then continued to walk (total of 20 minutes) then ate my lunch for 10 minutes.
That's the run down! Totally do-able right? I get 23 points per day, and my brain seems to be responding to satisfying that goal, rather than cheating or being naughty. I don't feel like I CAN'T eat something or my whole day is blown. It's just picking the right thing. I let Jayda pick out some sugar cookies from the grocery store. When I looked up their point value, it was 5! So you basically can have that cookie, or you can have your entire meal? What's it going to be? Knowledge is truly power here. I could have easily ate two of those cookies and unknowingly consumed almost half of my point value for the DAY. Gross. I no longer want that cookie.
Encourage one another!
Hey Tally,
ReplyDeleteNot sure if you like mint and chocolate together but Skinny Cow has awesome ice cream sandwiches! Syd and I love the mint ice cream sandwiches! I'm so proud of you. Stick with it!
Thanks! I have seen those, but haven't found them in Bison yet. I'll have to bring my cooler to rapid next time and pack them on ice! And thank you, you're encouragment means a lot to me :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Tally!! I don't have any tips but might take some of yours!!!! Keep up the good work!!
ReplyDelete