Saturday, September 11, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane

Tomorrow I will drive from the north end of South Dakota, to the south end of South Dakota, it will take me 2.5 hours. The following day I will get on an airplane at 8:45 am and be in St. Louis by 3pm! Airplane travel blows my mind sometimes. It's just weird how you can be in two completely far far way places in the same day.

I always wanted someone to casually ask, hey, what did you do this morning..or where did you have breakfast...

And then I'd answer, I was in St Louis at the Grand Renaisance Hotel eating bagels and Starbucks. {and I WILL be drinking Starbucks, how handy it is to have one IN my hotel!}.

And then that person would be like, whoa, you were in Missouri a few hours ago and now you're in South Dakota...freaky!

While flying is by no means a new invention, it still seems a bit surreal.

Anyway, I'm going to St. Louis for four days. Be back Thursday evening, just in time for the cattle drive. The girls are staying with my sister and Jed will be coming down some time mid-week to help my dad in the hills. I'm so completely looking forward to a week away from work. A week away from driving to Bison, cooking meals, cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry. The normal every day stuff we all need a break from occasionally.  It'll be refreshing and FUN! I'm going with two great girls that I get along with. We are going to a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game on Tuesday, a banquet on Wednesday and possibly a spa on Thursday before our flight leaves {and yes...work meetings during the day}.

See y'all in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment