It seems like I should blog about my St. Louis trip, but I can't muster up enough energy to even go there. I'm trying...still trying..ok I'll give it a shot.
The meetings were great and the actual time spent in St Louis was great also. Good company, good atmosphere and we had FUN.
The getting there and back part....Ugh. I'm still recovering. I'll let you know when I'm back to glass half full stage.
We started our morning off bright and early in Rapid on Monday. Tonya and I thought we'd go grab a quick breakfast at McDonald's before heading to the airport. This is the beginning of where it all went wrong...
We went through the drive-thru and placed our seemingly simple orders. Drove around, picked up our food and off we went. I generally check the bag, but this order seemed too easy to mess up. Wrong. Never ever underestimate the stupidity of a drive-thru worker. Sorry if you are one, or were ever one, or know one. Seriously LEARN your job. This isn't rocket science.
So we get going down the road, and notice our order is completely wrong..not even close. Turn around, go back, get the right good. Painlessly, thankfully. We get to the Rapid airport and have no problems, I even commented how friendly the bag check lady was, and extremely helpful. Above and beyond helpful really. I should have shoved her in my bag to take along. She would have come in handy down the road.
So we had a good hour and a half before our flight left. Definitely there early enough. About 2 minutes before we get ready to board our plane, my phone rings. A strange number comes up, so I answer and hear a recording from United, telling me our flight from Denver to St Louis has been cancelled. Not delayed..CANCELLED. Lovely. I call Pam back at our work office. (love you Pam!!) Tell her the situation and she works her magic while we are en-route to Denver. By the time we landed, she had our flights changed to Delta. Problem fixed. Phew. We had to then go from Denver, to Minneapolis, then to St Louis. Round about way of getting there, but still getting there. United's only offer was to fly out the following morning at 6am. Uhm No. Not happening.
We got to Minneapolis and RAN, I mean RAN to catch our St Louis flight. They were boarding as we approached the gate. Hit the bathroom and off we went. Phew, we made it! St. Louis here we come! However only two of our bags came with us. The third person's bag somehow didn't get on in Denver. We spent another two hours in St. Louis's baggage claim trying to track her bag down and find out when it would be coming. Thankfully it did get on a later flight and made it to St. Louis at 12:30am. The airline brought it to our hotel and all was good with the world.
We went to a Cardinals baseball game Tueday night. Beautiful weather and always a fun atmosphere I think. But I'm a baseball fan, so I could be biased. It was a nice, chill, relaxed evening. Wednesday night was the banquet. Good food, good entertainment ect. For some reason it's a tradition to go to a "piano bar," after the banquet so we went there the rest of the night. It blows my mind how those people can know EVERY song requested and they hammer them out on the piano like no body's business. Incredible really. I know a piano bar sounds pretty lame-o, but it's actually quite entertaining.
Thursday we had a couple classes in the AM, which we may or may not have went to? I'll never tell. Hehe. We ate lunch, then went and got pedicures since we had time to burn. The pedicures were amazing. Worth the $25 for sure! Then we walked back to the hotel and headed to the airport. Ugh{ sigh of dread}.
This is getting long so I'll write the rest in a Part II series.
No comments:
Post a Comment