Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Circus fun


Jayda finally decided it was time to ride an elephant. The entire first half of the circus she kept begging to ride the elephant. So when the time came we ran over and were first in line, then the stage fright kicked in and she changed her mind. "I'll just ride the ponies Momma." Uhm no. We can ride ponies any night.

Thankfully a co-workers son (who is a year younger) walked up and asked if she wanted to ride with him. "YES!" she said and off they went. {weird!} That is him in front of her. He'll also be joining her at Headstart next year, so she was pretty excited to meet a new friend. I'm pretty sure she was totally scoping him out and sizing up his boyfriend potential.

It was a nice evening, perfect weather and good fun. Just Jayda and I went and it was really enjoyable to spend time just her and I. She was so good through the whole thing and sat there like the good little girl I know lives deep inside {somewhere}. Someone behind me actually said to their daughter, "please sit down, see how nice that little girl is sitting." I definitely smiled a little on the inside. Ok, and on the outside!

We had a good conversation on the way home, and it was almost like she had matured about 3 years, in one day. There were no snotty remarks or talking back. Refreshing!

She's doing much better with her bladder control and hasn't had an accident in over 2 weeks. I think her  (2nd) bladder infection is cleared up, and maybe. . . just maybe she understands the importance of keeping dry. She's so excited to tell me she didn't have an accident, when I pick her up every day. I'm equally excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment