Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Potty time and smashed fingers

Yes, I really meant to stay "potty!"
Paisley went potty in the big girl potty yesterday at day care! I have to admit, I am not quite ready for the challenge that is "potty training." But there are 2 little girls a few months older than her at day care, that are ready. Naturally, Paisley has taken an interest to what they are doing and decided she wants to play their game. Yesterday was a success, apparently. Even Jayda got to witness the event. At least someone from her family got to! So, for the time being I'm just going to let her babysitter work her magic and see if she progresses. She's only 19 months. And I want to "let her be little," as long as possible. Even if it means diapers. If she catches on, great. Otherwise I'm waiting until she's 2 to start that process.

In Jayda news...she's got some smashed fingers. Big time. She fell and the person behind her, accidentally stepped on her hand. With cowboy boots. On asphalt. It was traumatic, of course. We're talking about Jayda, otherwise known as "Drama." She couldn't compose herself, so we had to leave Bonnie's birthday supper early. Without cake. Total bummer. Without cake. If you can't tell, I really wanted some cake.
She'll be OK, but her fingers will be sore for a while. Just hoping she doesn't lose her nail. Lord knows, she'll never let me poke a needle underneath to release the pressure if that time comes. Should be a fantastic experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment