Saturday, March 27, 2010

Quiet quiet night

A word of advise for any other ranch wives out there. Don't gush about your blissful nights' sleep.

After a long weekend, last week, I came home and could have spent a good two days being swallowed by my bed. Coming home to sleep in your own bed is always the icing on the cake, and this girl loves her sleep. When I woke up the next morning, I said to Jed, "Geez, I slept like a rock last night...didn't wake up at all until my alarm went off!" He looked at me with that, "You've got to be kidding me, right?" look on his face. Seems I momentarily forgot that he gets up three or four times a night to check heifers. He didn't find my uninterrupted sleep comment very compassionate. Then Paisley started crying for her bottle and Jayda came bouncing out of her room, and our Monday was in full swing!

Tonight I am writing this in complete silence...very very strange in the house of Jayda Jo. She was invited to spend the night at Grammie Pammie's and go to Dickinson to see the circus tomorrow. Lil Paisley keeps turning her head this way and that way, wondering where Jayda is hiding. She has recently discovered her hands and how they move. She does a waving action and stares with such intense curiosity at her fingers moving. She's also doing a kissing noise and loves to play peek-a-boo. Her mode of transportation remains the log roll, she is pretty handy at scooting her butt around to change direction. It's hard to believe, but she is an even better baby than Jayda was. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful sleepers! Give em a blankie and a paci and its lights out!

No comments:

Post a Comment