Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Knowing when to Stir

I'm facing a dilema at work and can't decide if I should stir up drama, or keep my mouth shut and let things go on as they are. In most cases I'm more likely to keep my mouth shut and lay low, as the few times I have spoken up, haven't worked out very well and in the aftermath I wished I had just shutup. This particular case involves fairness and all employees being treated equally and given the same opportunities (perks). Most of me wants to shrug my bit of incriminating information off and go on with my day as someone who simply knows this is going on. The other part of me wants to bring it to attention and fight for it, since it's something that would benefit a lot of us, including myself. I'm struggling with my need for a piece of the pie. Rephrase that, I don't need a piece of the pie, rather I want a piece of this particular pie.
What to do, what to do.

1 comment:

  1. I believe I know the situation you are referring to. I heard about it from another person in that same department who didn't think it was right. My advise would be to pray about it before you say anything. I do not think the situation was handled correctly. It was allowed for one individual and not for any others. The policy has always been that if you can't make it into work because of the weather, you must use vacation time. It applied the same no matter where you live. If they are going to allow it for one person in one department, they must allow for it in every department.

    I do believe that if the situation were brought to the attention of others in management, they would see the wisdom in not allowing this at all or changing the policy to reflect equal treatment.

    I will pray about it also.

    ReplyDelete