Friday, March 5, 2010

Get a Grip

Last night as I was browning hamburger I caught myself with a death grip on my mix-n-chop utensil
If you don't already have one, GET one, they are lovely little tools. http://www.pamperedchef.com/
 But anyway, thats not really my point.  I was alarmed at how strongly I was choking my poor mix-n-chop and had to consciencously make myself loosen my grip. Upon loosening my grip, my entire attitude and state of mind improved immediatly. I was no longer annoyed by the blaring TV, or Jayda hovering behind me, or Paisley saying "Bah Bah Bah." for the billionth time, or the fact that Jed wasn't inside helping me calm this disaster. I took a breath, let out a sigh and felt relaxed, just by loosening my grip. In my journey towards  perfection self improvement, I'm thinking I could loosen my grip on a lot of little things and would see drastic improvements in the way I interact with Jayda, handle a tired baby, deal with Jed's daily dose of drama, and just life in general. I'm guilty of letting myself become too up tight in situations I cannot control or situations that I shouldn't let stress me out. Messy rooms, messy car, messy this and that, will no longer consume me, or cause me to be an angry person. I'm going to loosen my grip the next time I begin to feel anxiety and work towards controlling my own emotions, rather than the situation.

1 comment:

  1. Good perspective and an excellent reminder to all of us. Sometimes we just have to LET GO.

    ReplyDelete