On the positive side, my cap and gown arrived in the mail yesterday! Although trying on the cap is almost enough to deter me from my desire to walk through the graduation ceremony. I wonder of they do that on purpose? Jayda got a kick out of it, I have a feeling I should hide the cap before it magically disappears.
After a weekend of not wearing makeup and not getting dressed, Jayda is always happy to see me "getting ready" for work. Yesterday after I managed to squeak in a shower, she said, "are you going to get ready now?" I said, "No, we aren't going anywhere." She replied, "Well, I like it better when you wear makeup!" Such a nice lil gal isn't she?! She redeamed herself this morning when she walked into my room and said, "Oh mom, you always look so pretty!"
Jayda is well known in our house for being a dumpster diver. If there is something to be thrown away that she may want/like, you better make sure it's covered up in the garbage before she see's it. I was cleaning the entry/office and came across my old camera. It's been sitting there for about 2 years now, and I finally decided to pitch it. Obviously I didn't do a very good job of covering it up and Jayda found it. She came pouncing into the living room, "LOOK what I found." As if it was a treasure. Can I keep it mom? oh...sure. So now she has been wearing this camera around her neck constantly since Sunday, snapping imaginary pictures every where she goes. She even turns it around and says, "look at my picture," or "oh, that's a bad one Mom." She's such a modern girl, never knowing what it was like before the digital age. And I feel so old saying that. Anyway, I'll try to catch a picture of her in the act, as I find it pretty cute to see her "playing Mommy" as she says. Little does she know, in actuality that would require a calculator. It's ok, I'd rather play her version of mommy as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment