We had a nice mini vacation to Bismarck this weekend. It was more of a disaster than a vacation but we did stay in a hotel and we did go swimming, so we'll stick with the term vacation.
We drove up to get insulation for the house. A lady from Menards called and told Jed they had the stuff we were looking for, even though Jed had talked to them the day before and they had told him they didn't. So rather than going to Rapid, we thought we'd go that way and spend a little time looking around. Get a hotel room and have a little fun.
Well we get to Menards and SORRY, we don't have that. You have to special order it. I tried to let Jed handle it and not go all "oh no you di'nt" on the guy, but seriously?? We pulled a horse trailer 200 miles FOR NO REASON? Uhm, no. So he got a little of my attitude and I recommended he find the woman who gave us the wrong information and inform her of the correct information. I mean someone should at least feel bad about being an idiot, right? Ugh.
We went to Lowes just to look around and see if there was anything we could decide on (bath tub, shower, toilet ect.) Since you know...we had an EMPTY trailer! Nope. Nothing that didn't have to be ordered. So we met up with Jed's parents who were in town watching Ryder wrestle. Had supper with them, then found a motel and hit the pool. We found one with a fun slide that ended in shallow water. Jayda had a blast. I went down with her the first time so show her she could touch when she came out the bottom. After that she went down it alone the rest of the time we were there. I'm pretty amazed with her how much more comfortable in water she is now. She went down the slide head first and was diving in from the side head first. She never would have done that before swimming lessons. Glad to see those two weeks were beneficial. Paisley and I went down the slide several times together. She was loving it! Just giggled the whole way down!!
They got to swim a little the next morning with Jed while I was getting ready, then we hit the road. In North Dakota nothing opens until noon. Its completely rediculous, but it's their weird law. You can buy food and gas, but that's about it. Of course Jed didn't want to stick around until noon for everything to open, so home we went.
Got home and framed up the half bath downstairs. It's fun to see these rooms start to take shape. I'm anxious to get the upstairs rooms framed and see how that all comes together.
No comments:
Post a Comment