I haven't talked much about weight loss or the lack of, for quite a while, so I thought I'd break back into that topic. I'm back to tracking every morsel of food that goes in my mouth, and so far this week I've lost two pounds. I'm a little embarrassed to tell you what my weight has snuck up to, so I'm not gonna. Basically I've gained 5 pounds and I can tell I was on the track to gaining more if I didn't reel this sucker in and QUIT SLACKING! So it's only been 4 days of REALLY tracking again and it's very easy to see why I was gaining. The amount of food a person can eat and lose weight, is really...not very much. One little slip can totally blow an entire day. I KNOW THIS, yet for some reason I let my brain forget it after all that hard work. So dumb.
But, on the positive side, it feels good to be back in control. To go home at night and feel good about having a "good eating day." To not feel failure for the things I put in my mouth and keep telling myself tomorrow I'll do better. TODAY, I did better.
I also began drinking coffee, in an attempt to quit my coke in the morning habit. Coca-cola that is! I can save about 80 calories by doing so. I don't think I'm totally hooked, and I definitely have to have my special creamer to even slightly enjoy it...but it's a start. It helps me cut back on pop, even if I only have it 2 or 3 mornings a week, its progress.
Oh, and I quit weight watchers since I found the free app on my iPhone. I actually like the App better too and since I generally have my phone with me, it's easier to keep it updated. I still highly believe in the weight watchers program, and am basically doing the same thing, just counting calories rather than points. I'm completely sick to death of all the weight loss programs being promoted on facebook. I understand the need to be on a set program and the need for help to tell you what it is you need to do to lose weight, but sucking down shakes for the rest of your life, just doesn't sound like a win-win to me. I get rather defensive when they try to say their shakes are cheaper than food and cheaper than being on weight watchers. Uhm, NO. Not true. I buy groceries for my entire family, we eat the same foods. You just have to eat less of them. I don't have to spend extra money on shake mixes that no one else in my family will drink. So I'll get off my soap box now. Just had to get that out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment