Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend rest

It's Monday and the time changed over the weekend. Surprisingly, our house seems to have adapted pretty well, thus far!

We had a relaxed, wonderful weekend HOME. As in, I didn't fix my hair or put on makeup for two days, we didn't set foot into a vehicle, or leave our driveway, even once. Completely home, all weekend and it was great!

The weather was absolutely gorgeous. Saturday morning by 9am it was already 60 degrees! The girls and I headed outside to play on the swing set until noon! I swung on my log swing and they played without a single argument for 3 whole hours. We would have soaked up the sun longer, but Jed came in and reminded us it was time for lunch. Party pooper.

Paisley took and nap and Jayda and I made this, minus the blueberries and raspberries. It was DELISH!
It's just a brownie mix on the bottom, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, then we loaded it with strawberries. Super easy. Jayda requested it for her snacks at school this week.

We had a few visitors, Scott, Mark and Ryder. The girls made grampy play with them outside some more.

Sunday was basically a repeat. It was a little breezier, but still nice enough to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. Jayda got to ride her horse and help Jed get the heifers in.

I was feeling a little guilty for not accepting a play date invitation, but quickly got over that. Sometimes you just have to say No. We needed home time, we needed to let our bodies recover from two weeks of sickness. Paisley took 3 hour naps, both days. It was very obvious her body needed to recover and I'm happy with our decision to stay home. We woke up Monday with good attitudes and ready for a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment