This weekend Jed and I had the rare opportunity to run to Bismarck, just the two of us. So, we RAN!
We desperately need to replace the shower in our master bath, so we spent some time browsing through Lowes and Menards. Yes, actually browsing. Not just grab and go style. When you don't have two kids with you, you can do that kind of stuff. You know, LOOK.
It was amazing. The only thoughts running through my head, were my own. Every parent needs one of those days, once in a while.
Then we went to the mall, because I was NOT going to pass up a chance to shop without saying NO, one thousand three hundred and fifty times. I parked Jed in front of Victoria's Secret. Those window posters work amazingly at keeping husbands from complaining about how long you were in there.
While in there, I found a few PINK items. Even bought smalls for some weird reason. That was like a high five from a supermodel, until I tried on the yoga pants in a large. That was like a high five across the face from a fat girl. Wow, not pretty. They look so comfy, but this girl is "not there yet!"
Then we enjoyed a meal together. I cannot remember the last time that happened. We finally tried out Buffalo Wild Wings. It was good. They sat us in the "kid section," it appeared! We were the only ones in there without screaming kids! And I didn't even feel sorry for them.
Really need to make the time to do those kind of days more often. We're taking the kids to Disney on Ice in a few weeks. Jayda has been excited since I told her, and Paisley's new found love for Minnie Mouse is getting her excited. Should be fun, and we have front row tickets!
No comments:
Post a Comment