Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A tomato

Last week I was trying to think of something interesting to write about and couldn't think of much. Thus the bodily fluid post. Somehow I failed to remember the tornado that ripped through our yard. Minor event. Jayda called it a tomato for a few days, but has since mastered the pronunciation of TOR-NA-DO. That and all information concerning a tornado. She had a gazillion questions and we finally got to the point where we banned anymore questions.

Her swing set was torn to pieces along with a barn over at Bonnie's. Jed got to spend some quality time with Rio, his cow dog, in the well pit. I'll get some pictures up shortly.

My best guess at how Jed looked when he saw the tornado coming. Jayda and I got a good laugh out of it!

In a tornado related quote, on our way home from Hermosa this weekend, while driving near Newell, Jayda shouted from the back seat, "OH MY, look at what the tornado did to that house! There's junk EVERY WHERE!" Unfortunately {fortunately?} a tornado had not hit that house. . . . .

Jayda's swing set used to be here

It's new location

The tree's didn't fare so well

There used to be a roof on this barn

Tin scattered every direction

1 comment:

  1. if it makes you feel any better, when it is thundering, Will thinks it is a volcano and has to ask us where the volcano is!!! A tomato and a volcano, gotta love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete