I had a B theme going, so I couldn't ruin it with volleyball thrown in there. Plus that's how Jayda says it anyway, and we all know, what Jayda says, is final!
This past weekend, Jed's family came over to help put tin on our garage. As most things go, it ended up being an all-dayer even though it didn't start until noon. My wonderful husband informed me of this large gathering occurring at our house, about an hour after we got home from the grocery store. His timing is impeccable.
So the panic starting setting in, as I'm wondering what I'm going to feed 16 people. I never have enough food on hand to feed 16 people. Even though I live in the boonies, food for 16 people goes bad before it gets eaten at my house. Bread, buns, you name it. We are a family of 4, and technically 3 since the wee-one doesn't eat people food. Not that she eats dog food, just not people food.
We decided on burgers and Amy stopped for buns. Of course it all turned out fine, even though meal TWO rolled around and starving, famished mouths needed to be fed. Burgers again, of course.
In the meantime, the garage is now almost fully-tinified except the south facing wall that every one sees as they drive up to our house. Why would we want to finish that side first? Jed decided he wants a few windows on the side, thus the wait. I'm a lover of windows, so I'll hush up and be patient. Of course the windows were HIS idea also, so again, I'll hush up and agree to agree for once!
After the tin was finished, a few games of volleyball were played, super was served and basketball was next on the agenda. Action packed is our style. The girls got to run through the sprinkler, play barbies and whatever else they were up to. It's good to have friends, it's even better to have cousins!
No comments:
Post a Comment