It's Friday, and it's beautiful outside. And I'm stuck INSIDE. Ugh. Last week I took a leap that could change that. I'll let you know how that turns out.
This weekend we are off to Rapid again, this time for Taylor's graduation! Very excited for her to accomplish this milestone and excited to see where her future leads her. It's such an exciting, yet difficult time in your life. So hard to know exactly what it is you think you want to do with your life. Ahhh the choices. I always admired my classmates that knew exactly what college they were going to, and what career path they were going to take. Even as a successful student, I had no clue.
I'm positive that Accountant was no where on my list, but then again, I didn't have a list. Softball was about the only thing I felt passionate about, and it wasn't exactly a career choice at the time.
I suppose it's the journey that we are supposed to embrace, as we find our way through life, rather than the plan we make for ourselves. But sometimes that journey is a difficult one, without a plan.
I'm a little bit sad today to hear that we won't have our summer babysitter. I'm bummed that Paisley won't know what it's like to get to stay home all day without being packed off to a babysitter. And sad to know that Jayda will wonder why she isn't coming back. I guess Patti Loveless said it best, "Life's about Changing, Nothing ever stays the same."
I know what you mean, Tally. I sure never wanted to be an Accountant, yet here I am.
ReplyDeleteYou are right about the journey, though. Sometimes -- make that most of the time --- or maybe ALWAYS--God takes us on a journey (like down a dirt road) and we can't see where we are going. But we stay on the road/path until He tells us to take a turn. But I know one thing for certain, each of those paths or roads is a learning/growing experience. And no experience is ever wasted. God uses them all.
So I know for a fact, (because I have seen it in my own life), that there are some things you have learned in your time being an Accountant and your time in Billing that you will take with you into future jobs and just life in general. You may not be able to see it yet, but you will when you are on that road.
I do know one thing, YOU can do anything you put your mind too. So I know that whatever road God puts you on next, you will be a success!