So, here is this weeks meal plan
Monday-Holiday, ate out {phew that was easy}
Tuesday- Grilled chicken & pineapple Quesadilla's with corn salad
Wednesday- BLT's with watermelon, strawberries & lettuce salad
Thursday-Grilled burgers or steak with grilled potatoes and veggies
Friday- I won't be home until late (annual meeting at work) so I'm thinking chicken wings and mac/cheese or whatever Jed feels like making
Weekends are a free for all. We seem to be gone more than we are home, so these will be our spontaneous cooking days!
While it may not be the healthiest meal plan {yet}, it is almost preservative free, loaded with fruits and vegetables, and nearly everything is grilled. Definitely going to get a new grill for
My goal is also to do 1 weekly grocery stop and eliminate a large portion of my walmart trips. I will still stop when I'm in town and get fresh fruit and the more expensive items that cost an arm and a leg here. But I'm also going to try to shop the sale bill for my local grocery stores and plan my meals around what is on sale that week. Yes, this is actually what I think about and do in my spare time. Stop mocking me. I'm a busy body, and must occupy my mind.
I'll try to post my weekly meals here, for any of you that might need ideas. Or for those of you that don't but just want to be nosy and know what I am eating that night. Feel free to toss out dinner ideas also! Always open to new ideas!
Good for you Tally! I bet you'll find that over the next few months you will lose some inches and pounds because you are planning those meals and going for the healthier stuff plus no preservatives. Like your menu :0
ReplyDelete