Warning: this post discusses bodily fluids. If that freaks you out, click on the X in the upper right corner of this window.
Didn't think so..
I had to take Jayda to the doctor and she was asked to give a urine sample. I'm thinking oh great. I'm going to have to hold a cup underneath her for how many hours, before she'll be able to go. And then if she does go, will we get any in the cup, or just all over my hand. This should be good.
I was pleasantly surprised when the nurse showed me the "hat" they put underneath the toilet lid to collect the urine. "WOW, awesome!" This will be easy.
Wait a minute, have you had these for several years? Sure they have. And WHY, aren't they offered to pregnant women? Shoot, ALL women. Hovering over a toilet with a cup under your bum, must be a talent they think we should master. I know it's not too difficult for the average person to do this, but for the average 8 month pregnant woman, IT IS HARD to do this. And annoying, and gross, and now...now that I know they have these contraptions, it also seems cruel, mean, rude and disrespectful.
Nurses every where are laughing it up right now aren't they? Handing tiny cups to pregnant women, and chuckling to themselves as they shut the bathroom door. "Good luck with that." I can hear them saying.
Anyway, turns out Jayda does have a bladder infection, so we're fighting that this week. I'm a little relieved that at least we know she wasn't just being a butthead about making it to the potty. But also a little embarrassed that I was giving her such a hard time about it, before we knew what was going on. Live and Learn
No comments:
Post a Comment