Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Inside out & nakey


When I came home from work yesterday, I did the usual...walked in the door and was greeted by Jayda's loud shriek down the hall, "MOMMY'S HOME." Which is then followed by her pouncing on me or asking me if I brought her anything home. By this she means food. Home girl loves her food. Next I steal Paisley off the floor and smooch on her soft skin and make her say Momma, just so she doesn't forget.

After sitting on the couch for a few minutes I caught a glimpse of a tag showing on the back of Jayda's dress. After staring at her hem for a good two minutes, I confirmed her dress was indeed, INSIDE OUT. Oh good lord, had I sent my child to school with her clothes on inside out? Please tell me I was a little more awake than that? Please?

She has been on a dress wearing kick since..well since last summer when she had to stop wearing them. Yesterday I gave in, and let her wear a dress that was given to her when Paisley was born (Jennifer!). It's about too short, so she wore jeans underneath and a white long sleeved shirt under as well. She can pull off the whole look, so I let her. And she totally doesn't care what she has to wear underneath, as long as she gets to wear the dang dress.

Of course I put her dress on the right way...right? Yes, I'm fairly sure I saw the buttons on the outside when I zipped her coat up..yeah..I'm positive. So I asked her on a whim, "Did you take your dress off at school?" Sort of hoping she would say yes, but sort of hoping she'd say no.

"YES!" she answered.

OH PHEW. No wait..what?

"Why did you take your dress off at school?"

"Well I took it off because I had all these clothes on underneath and I wanted to take my shirt off, but my teachers said I can't get nakey at school."

 "Nakey?"

"Yes, mom, you know..naked."

Lesson learned. Lord help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment