The weekend is winding down and a new year has begun. I spent most of the morning cleaning out Jayda and Paisley's drawers, getting rid of clothes that are too small and making room for all the new stuff they received. It always amazes me how quickly I'm packing away clothes it seems like I just bought. Next we are hoping to go through the toy bins and get some stuff cleared out. I guess that is one advantage to living in a small space, it motivates you to get rid of the clutter more often, simply because its absolutely neccessary.
Jayda and I took the Christmas tree down last night and took down all the other Christmas decorations. It always seems a little sad to put it all away. Sometimes I wish the holidays would last longer, just without the winter weather. It's sort of like how I'm feeling about school with just one week left of vacation. I dread starting another semester, but starting it is the only way to finish it!
We had an excellent birthday weekend for miss Jayda Jo. She turned 4 on Jan 1st, we went to Rapid for an ice skating party at an indoor ice rink. Josie and her family joined us, and Ronda and hers did also. It was fun to see them and fun for Jayda to have some kids at her party. My family was also able to come and enjoy watching everyone skate. My parents took Jayda and Paisley home that evening and gave Jed and I a little kid free time. Here's som Jayda quotes from their ride home with her:
Jayda: Sooo....is my birthday over?
Gma Jinx: yep, it is!
Jayda: I'm glad I'm 4 now. I was sick of being 3.
I'm hoping we've turned a new leaf with this 4 year old stuff! She's been eating every bite of her lunch and supper because big girls, eat their food! I'm going to run with it as long as I can! She also has been really polite and is listening better already. Works for me!
The best news of the year so far, is Paisley's eye is finally cleared up! I can't begin to explain how thankful I am for this. I think she's pretty happy I'm not wiping at her eye anymore either. Thank GOD, he is good!
AMEN Tally! GOD IS GOOD!
ReplyDelete