I wrote this quite a while ago and many people got a kick out of it, so I thought I'd share it here too for those who didn't catch it on myspace. Just a side note, I love my husband very much and I write this with much love and...humor!
There will inevitably come a time when I write a book on Jed. He is aware of this, as I remind him frequently after he does something completely retarded or extremely annoying. Notice the word frequent. So when I do write this book, I want to be able to remember all of these occurances. Thus I am writing an outline for future use.
The book of Jed
Chapter 1: Family vacations with Jed...nuf said
Chapter 2: Holidays with Jed...again nuf said
Chapter 3: Jed's book of cheer's.
for those of you that don't know him, you might need to know that he has a gift for singing the wrong words to every song ever recorded, this applies to high school cheers as well. The cheer "attitude check, how do we feel? Oh we feel so good, HUH" Does not go..."add it to the check, How do we feel?...ect. again..not..add it to the check..its attitude check. minor details..
Chapter 4: Shopping with Jed
It is NOT a race, there is no prize for being done first, leave me alone!
Chapter 5: Laughing should not be timed
So I like to laugh, and i've been known to laugh a little longer than the average person. so what..it burns calories and its fun. STOP timing me and telling me when it is time to stop laughing. I will decide when it has been long enough. Just be thankful I am still laughing at you, oops i mean with you.
Chapter 6: Close the Door
when it is freezing cold outside, which is quite often, and I am in the car with you..CLOSE THE DAMN DOOR while you do whatever it is you are doing. there is no reason both of us have to be cold. sacrifice yourself.
Chapter 7: I hate cows
just had to throw that in there
Chapter 8: Phone calls
6am is a time for sleeping, not a time for talking to every person within 100 miles. No, it did not rain at your dads, nor did it rain at Rusty's. Drink your coffee and watch the today show, and tell all your people to STOP calling before the sun comes up. This is precious sleep time.
Chapter 9: Pouty Fits
The man was raised with 3 sisters & he is the baby, so this was bound to happen. Some people choose to grow out of it, others...grow with it. So if you'd like to experience a "Jed fit" just do any of the following: make him wait more than 3 minutes for anything, tell him no, ask him a question (if you're his mother, this works immediately), tell him you want to go to Rapid, make him make the whole bed, not just his side. Take him to a shopping mall or walmart on a saturday.
There's more but you get the idea.
That should be a good start for the book, i'll return with more at a later time.
I loved this the first time I read it, and I love it again! You should get this published...there are so many women out there that would read this and say, "I know! It's so annoying!"
ReplyDelete