Friday, September 18, 2009

killing time





I’m currently sitting at the park in Bison with Paisley, waiting for Jayda to get out of school. It’s a beautiful day so I decided to stay in town while she went to school and go for a long walk to kill time. We walked for about 2 hours before it got pretty hot for both me and Paisley. Our days of being able to do this are limited, so I wanted to take advantage of it while we still can.
We had a great time this past weekend/week in Hermosa for the cattle drive. Got to see everyone and spend time with family and friends we don’t see as often as we’d like to. Jayda got to ride all by herself and told me, “they really needed my help, mom!” She felt pretty important with her chinks and snappy shirt on. Paisley was super good and a trooper for how much car seat time she had to endure. She’s such an angel; I’m starting to have a hard time putting her down. She’s much more cuddly than Jayda was and seems to like my shoulder as much as I like listening to her soft little breaths in my ear. Can’t believe she’s already over a month old and I only have one more week of maternity leave left. I haven’t been dreading going back to work as badly this time as I was with Jayda, but now that the time is getting closer it’s starting to kick in.
I’m starting to seriously think about photography as a career, or at least something to do on the side for some extra income. I have tons to learn and sadly don’t know what half the settings on my camera do, but it’s definitely something I have found a passion for and wish I would have discovered sooner in life. Right now my focus is on getting finished up with school this next year, then I’d like to see what I can make happen with my pictures. I’m going to take some senior pictures for Sawyer and possibly for Taylor, so I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of shots we can get and how they turn out.
School is going well and seems like much less of a burden than it was when I first started two years ago. I guess when you have less time to devote to something; you just get better at “winging it” and doing the best you can. I’m just glad it is almost over and excited for how great it will feel to finally be done and not have to think about finishing up something that I really wanted to accomplish. It’s kind of funny that I’ve had a full time job and raised 2 children since decided to go back to school. Nothing like keeping your plate full!
Still haven’t found a babysitter for the girls. I’ve asked several people with one more option who is thinking about it currently. Time is running out and Jed is preparing himself to be the new babysitter. While I love the thought of Paisley being able to stay in her own home with her daddy for her first months of life, I also know that Jed has a lot of things he needs/wants to get done before winter sets in. I guess that’s just the way it goes when you choose to live somewhere like this. Well Miss Paisley must have a burp she needs to get out, so I must go! Never underestimate the importance of the almighty burp!!

No comments:

Post a Comment