We are having a busy week, so I wanted to get a post in before it passes us by. Paisley is now 1 month old and continues to be a good baby. Yesterday she was awake most of the morning, but is having a sleepy day today! She has a bit of a runny nose that she caught from Jayda, who is about over hers. Jayda starts Headstart on Thursday, and we are both excited for that. I hope she does well and listens to her teachers better than she listens to me. We've had a rough few days in the listening department. Some days it seems like all I do is repeat myself and the word, "NOW." Jed and I have both reached our frustration limits and don't know how to get through to her. We are trying time outs again and setting the timer so she knows there is a time limit. I've also started a listening chart that she gets to put stickers on when she listens to us the first time we ask her to do something. When all the squares are full she will get a prize. She picked a swimming puppy that she saw on TV as her prize. Hopefully we'll have some success and can spend less time butting heads. The days can get pretty long and tiresome and wondering if you are a horrible parent starts to get wearisome also.She is doing well with Paisley and is always looking out for her. Today she thought Paisley was about to cry and ran over to give her a hug. Then she said, "mommy, I think she wants to dance!" I bet they will be dancing queens someday!
Friday we will be leaving to go to Hermosa for the cattle drive. We actually get to stay for about 5 days since I don't have to worry about rushing back for work. Should be a nice relaxing vacation from our daily routine. We are hoping to take some of Taylor's senior pictures also, which I'm looking forward to doing. I took the above picture of Paisley today and finally got some birth announcements ordered. Finding time in the day for all my little projects has gotten harder and harder! I have been finding an hour every evening to walk and I'm hoping to stick to it. I got an ipod recently and find that it really helps me walk farther and longer. It's also a therapeutic break from the 4 walls that surround me all day. It will get harder to sneak in an hour when I go back to work and can't do my homework during the day, might have to rearrange some things or do less homework!
No comments:
Post a Comment