Today is officially my last day of vacation as tomorrow I go back to work. It's a little hard to believe August and September have come and gone, I've had a baby and I'll return to work in clothes I haven't been able to wear in what seems like more than 10 months. I'm still in the process of ironing out all our schedules and figuring out how we'll manage who is taking who where and who will pick them up. Life as we knew it is a bit more complicated now, but I'm sure we'll get settled into a new groove and soon it won't seem so overwhelming.
Today was an awful cold, windy day. Not quite the end of maternity leave that I was looking for, but sometimes an inside day is ok. We stayed home all weekend and I tried to get as much homework done as possible. Still having a hard time being very motivated for school, so glad I only have to hang in there this semester and next.
Paisley and I went to Rapid on Wednesday and Jayda stayed home with Jed. It was a little reminiscent of when I just had Jayda and took her to Rapid as a baby. So quiet and so timed. Everything I did revolved around where I would be every 3 to 4 hours for a bottle feeding. I nearly forgot her in the car at one store, since I'm so used to a babbling Jayda in the back seat. Thankfully I am trained to unload a child so it's pretty routine to open the back door and remove a child!
Jayda continues to enjoy her Headstart school. I think it was a good choice to send her, and I'm hopeful it will help her with some behavior issues. Her teacher says she isn't nearly as chatty and loud at school, that's a relief! She is making new friends and has more interaction with not just girls, but also boys, which she hasn't had much of in her life. Her new day care person has a boy who is 4, so it'll be interesting to see what she learns from him. My girly girl, may learn a thing or two about trucks and dirt!
I'm feeling ok about going to work, but not looking forward to the daily routineness of it all. I'm glad Jed will be watching the girls 2 days a week. Makes it seem like less of a daily hassle of packing Paisley to and from. She started smiling more thing week and also makes a pretty adorable sad face before she lets out a cry.
No comments:
Post a Comment