Sunday, August 16, 2009

the eve of one week

Here's another picture from my mom and sisters' visit.

Hard to believe Paisley will be a week old already, tomorrow. I'm currently waiting up for her to wake up so I can feed her one last time before going to bed. Crazy to think this time last week I was having contractions and she was about to make her entrance into the world! It's been a good week of company coming and going and adjusting to our new routine. My aunt Jennifer and my Grandma came up on Saturday for the day. Brought us lunch and hung out for the afternoon. Jayda and her great grandma are quite the team, and kept each other entertained. Jayda took her outside for a good portion of the day, walking, riding bike and making her lock Lucy up in the corral. When they came inside they both went down for naps! Grandma says Jayda is "passionate," which is a pretty good description of her. She's definitely full of life and doesn't miss a beat. They argued for at least 20 minutes about the names of our dogs and whether they were boys or girls, which then turned into an inappropriate conversation about Tygger having tits! Leave it to great grandma!

Today Jayda and Jed rode horse for a good hour. The improvements she's made riding are pretty impressive. I stepped outside to watch for a minute and all you could hear was Jayda giggling and loving every minute. She's so much more confident and loves trotting and going fast now. Jed's almost ready to unleash her in the big pasture, but I'm still a little hesitant. I just have horrible thoughts of runaway images.

Sonny and his kids came to visit us in the afternoon and check out Paisley. The girls got to play with Jayda, which she always is happy about. They even caught some frogs and grasshoppers that Jayda tried to unleash in the house when she couldn't get the lid back on the container. They were released outside shortly after that incident!

I think miss Paisley is waking up and ready for a bottle so I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment