Thursday, August 6, 2009

Due date

Well the expiration date has come, yet this baby has not! I went to the doctor yesterday and everything is fine. My blood pressure is good, urine tested ok and the baby's head is at my cervix which is dilated to 2 cm. She informed me my original doctor is back again and recommended I go back on Friday to see her and discuss what we want to do, as far as scheduling to be induced, or waiting it out. I told her with Jayda, she stripped my membranes which I think helped to start contractions. She didn't want to do that without speaking with my original doctor first though. So that's the plan of action. I'll go back tomorrow at 2, unless she stops being stubborn and gets to movin in there!
Jayda got to go with me to my appointment, she wasn't very impressed with how long we had to wait and how boring it is to go to the doctor. She did get a sucker and some stickers out of the deal, which is more than I can say I ever get! She got to hear the baby's heart beat, which I thought she would think was neat. When I asked her if she could hear that thump thump noise, she said, "Yeah mom, that was so annoying!" Ok?? We then got ice cream and went home. I was just thinking on my drive home how sad it is that I haven't gotten to spend time with her like this since she was born and I was on maternity leave. After just 3 days of mommy and me time, she actually asks for me to put her to bed instead of Jed. I'll break her of being such a daddy's girl by the end of this!!

Another funny Jayda quote for the week, I was telling her how beautiful she is when I was fixing her hair and she turned to me and said, "mommy, you are beautiful too, when you get dressed!" So obviously you can tell I've been spending some quality time in my pajamas and not putting on any makeup. Staying home is great! It really bothers her that I've been wearing some of Jed's t-shirts too. She's ok with me wearing them to sleep in, but she doesn't think it's right to wear them all day.

We are going to the ranch rodeo in Faith tonight to watch Ryder and the Fosters compete. It's a cold, wet day so we'll see how enjoyable this is going to be. May have to find somewhere to park and sit in the car to watch. I'm really just going so I can get a cheeseburger out of the deal! A girl has to have priorities!

No comments:

Post a Comment